[I've also developed a WebAnywhere toolbar for Firefox, (grab it from here) , more info here.]
|I am Rajan, a 3rd year Computer Science PhD student at the University of California at Santa Cruz. My advisor is Prof. James Davis. I also work with Prof. Michael Bernstein at Stanford University's HCI Group. To work on the intersection of research and entrepreneurship, I've lately been involved with MobiSocial, Inc and working with Prof. Monica Lam of Stanford MobiSocial Computing Laboratory. I am an avid open source software enthusiast and have great interest in research & development with social impact. Currently, I am focusing on the aspects of mobilizing the citizen crowd and how we can leverage the potential of crowd to accomplish worthwhile global goals. Some of my favorite projects in this direction are: Twitch Crowdsourcing and the Whodunit? Challenge. My research interests include HCI, Crowdsourcing, Social Computing and ICTD.
As part of my RAship, I am also collaborating with Los Alamos National Laboratory (US Dept. of Energy), and working with Reid Porter and Reid Priedhorsky. In past, I have worked with Michael Muller and Werner Geyer at IBM T.J. Watson Research, and Bill Thies and Ed Cutrell at Microsoft Research. I've also had work experience working for Google SoC, OpenStreetMap Foundation, OLPC, and Accenture Technology Labs. Being an aspirant social technology entrepreneur, I look forward to further my research and pursue a social enterprise venture in future. Also, I love connecting with people, please feel free to contact me anytime.
-ACM CHI, Toronto, Canada - 25th April - 2nd May 2014.
-Interactive Machine Learning Workshop, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM - 27th - 28th March 2014.
-Google 2014 Bay Area PhD Summit, Mountain View, CA - 21st Feb 2014.
- [02/03/2014] Will be spending summers at Palo Alto Research Center (PARC, a Xerox company) in the Computer Science Lab.
- [01/15/2014] Paper on Twitch Crowdsourcing got accepted at ACM CHI 2014, Toronto, Canada.
- [10/04/2013] Serving as a reviewer for ACM CHI 2014 and W4A.
- [10/01/2013] Got accepted at YCombinator's Summer School'13, will be in Cupertino, CA on 18-19th Oct'13.
- [08/23/2013] Paper accepted at IEEE GHTC'13, will be in San Jose from 20-23rd Oct 2013.
- [08/05/2013] Serving as the reviewer for the HCOMP'13 Work-in-progress, and got accepted at the HCOMP CrowdCamp'13.
- [08/05/2013] Twitch Crowdsourcing project won the Google Faculty Award'13 with Prof. Michael Bernstein, at Stanford University.
- [03/07/2013] Serving on the Programme Committee of W4A 2013, co-located with WWW 2013.
- [02/04/2013] Will be spending summers at the IBM T.J Watson Research's Collaborative User Experience Research Group in Cambridge, MA.
- [01/08/2013] The website for my summer intern project at Microsoft Research is live now! The India wide social gaming challenge begins on 1st February 2013. Check out The Whodunit? Challenge! My interview with the New Scientist magazine here.
- [01/01/2013] Will be spending spring quarter at Stanford University's HCI Group, with Michael Bernstein as a visiting PhD student.
- [11/07/2012] Poster paper accepted at ACM DEV 2013.
- [10/22/2012] Paper on "3D+2D TV: 3D Displays with No Ghosting for Viewers Without Glasses" accepted at ACM Transaction on Graphics 2012.
- [7/16/2012] Paper accepted at IEEE GHTC'12, will be in Seattle from 21-24th Oct 2012.
- [4/17/2012] Co-organizing the 1st Workshop on Human Computation in Digital Entertainment at AAAI AIIDE'12 Stanford.
- [3/20/2012] Will be spending summers at Microsoft Research India as a Research Intern under Technology for Emerging Markets group.
- [3/1/2012] Serving as an affiliate at the University of California Center for Collaborative Research for an Equitable California (UC CCREC).
- [2/10/2012] Reached regional semi-finals of the UC Berkeley Global Social Venture Competition 2012.
- [2/3/2012] Serving as an external reviewer for ACM CHI 2012.
- [12/15/2011] Poster paper accepted at ACM DEV, will be in Atlanta for DEV and ICTD 2012 from 11-15th March 2012.