[I've also developed a WebAnywhere toolbar for Firefox, (grab it from here) , more info here.]
|I am Rajan, a 2nd year Computer Science PhD student at the University of California at Santa Cruz. My advisor is Prof. James Davis. I am an avid open source software enthusiast and have great interest in research & development with social impact. Most of my current research is on the intersection of HCI/HCI4D, Human Computation, Crowdsourcing and ICT4D. I am also very interested in Social and Mobile Computing, CSCW, Human Factors, UX/UI, Educational and Assistive Technologies.
Currently, I am visiting Stanford University's HCI Group, and working with Michael Bernstein on a mobile crowdsourcing project. In parallel, I am continuing with my social gaming project from Microsoft Research and working with Bill Thies and Ed Cutrell. As part of my RAship, I am also collaborating with Los Alamos National Laboratory (US Dept. of Energy), and working with Reid Porter and Reid Priedhorsky. In past, I have worked for Google SoC, OpenStreetMap Foundation, OLPC, and Accenture R&D. Being an aspirant social technology entrepreneur, I look forward to further my research and pursue a social enterprise venture in future. Also, I love connecting with people, please feel free to contact me anytime.
- [03/07/2013] Serving on the Programme Committee of W4A 2013, co-located with WWW 2013.
- [02/04/2013] Will be spending summers at the IBM T.J Watson Research's Collaborative User Experience (CUE) Research Group in Cambridge, MA.
- [01/08/2013] The website for my summer intern project at Microsoft Research is live now! The India wide social gaming challenge begins on 1st February 2013. Check out The Whodunit? Challenge! My interview with the New Scientist magazine here.
- [01/01/2013] Will be spending spring quarter at Stanford University's HCI Group, with Michael Bernstein as a visiting PhD student.
- [11/07/2012] Poster paper accepted at ACM DEV 2013.
- [10/22/2012] Paper on "3D+2D TV: 3D Displays with No Ghosting for Viewers Without Glasses" accepted at ACM Transaction on Graphics 2012.
- [7/16/2012] Paper accepted at IEEE GHTC, will be in Seattle from 21-24th Oct 2012.
- [4/17/2012] Co-organizing the 1st Workshop on Human Computation in Digital Entertainment at AAAI AIIDE'12 Stanford.
- [3/20/2012] Will be spending summers at Microsoft Research India as a Research Intern under Technology for Emerging Markets group.
- [3/1/2012] Serving as an affiliate at the University of California Center for Collaborative Research for an Equitable California (UC CCREC).
- [2/10/2012] Reached regional semi-finals of the UC Berkeley Global Social Venture Competition 2012.
- [2/3/2012] Serving as an external reviewer for ACM CHI 2012.
- [12/15/2011] Poster paper accepted at ACM DEV, will be in Atlanta for DEV and ICTD 2012 from 11-15th March 2012.